Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recipe triumph

Do you ever have those nights where you just can't figure out what to make for supper?  Last night was like that for me.  I didn't have the right ingredients for what I really wanted to make.....damn me and my forgetfulness when I am grocery shopping!  I had to think of something new...something quick....and utilizing the sparse ingredients I have on hand. Especially when you are trying to cook when you have a baby, you have to be resourceful.  I mean, even though she is over 5 mos. old now....she is still a lot of work.  Babies are way more time consuming than I ever could have imagined.  So, in between trying to get my daughter to go to sleep, I had to think of something that I could just throw together but would still be somewhat healthy and tasty.  Here is what I came up with...and I feel like it was quite successful.  Sorry, no pics...eventually maybe I'll get there! 

1 box of spaghetti noodles (I like Quinoa noodles, but whatever your favorite is)
1/2 bag of frozen shelled edamame
1/2 bag of broccoli slaw
Newman's Own Light Ginger Sesame Dressing
Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
Peanut Butter

Cook noodles as directed with the edamame.  Drain.  While the pasta is still warm, stir in the broccoli slaw.  Stir in dressing, liquid aminos, and peanut butter to taste.  Voila!  Yummy!  

I'm sure you could make your own dressing if you have the ingredients on hand.  Chopped peanuts on top would probably be great also!  And I think red pepper flakes would have been nice, but I was out of those. 

Ah, I love victories like that.  The feeling of being resourceful and getting a full belly in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment